Approval may be granted with additional conditions, which may include:
- the operator is to test the water daily to ensure that biological contaminants are kept within levels specified in Australian Standards
- provision of equipment for emergency medical treatment and first aid or rescue of persons in difficulty or other aspects of public health and safety
- display of notices providing information about basic lifesaving resuscitation and first aid techniques or warning about possible dangers
- installation of special equipment for filtering, purifying, and recirculating the water
- provision of dressing rooms and facilities for showering and sanitation.
You may need development approval if you are starting a new public swimming pool or re-establishing a public swimming pool that was abandoned.