You will need this approval to operate a public swimming pool. Approval is required for swimming pools which are available for use to:
- members of the public or a section of the public
- participants in organised swimming or diving competitions or in training for organised swimming or diving competitions
- persons who have a commercial relationship with the owner of the pool
- persons who is a quest of a hotel, motel, resort or the like.
Swimming pools include spa pools, spa tubs or similar.
Examples include the following:
- aquatic centres
- learn to swim pools
- gym and health centre pools
- hydrotherapy pools (including flotation therapy pools, recovery pools)
- holiday accommodation pools
- club pools
- private school pools.