You will need this licence if you intend to use a radiation source to carry radiation practices in any of the following industries:
- industrial gauging
- industrial radiography
- geotechnical measurements
- borehole logging
- education, science or research
- compliance, testing, servicing and calibration.
The type of radiation source you may apply to use will vary depending on the industry you work in, you can apply to use:
- a sealed radioactive substance, excluding security enhanced sources
- sealed radioactive substance, including security enhanced sources
- ionising radiation apparatus
- unsealed radioactive substance
- laser apparatus.
You can contact the agency for a pre-application consultation to get guidance on the requirements for your situation or proposal.