You will need this licence if you intend to work as a real estate agent, either as an individual or a corporation.
A real estate agent licence allows you to:
- own or manage a real estate agency
- buy, sell, exchange or rent houses, businesses, land or any interest in these
- negotiate on behalf of a buyer, seller, landlord or exchanging or renting of houses, businesses or land
- show property to potential buyers
- inspect and assess property for sale or rent
- collect rent on behalf of a landlord
- advertise a property for rent or sale (includes setting up signs)
- open up a property for inspection for sale or rent
- manage an apartment complex and sell any units independently, without having to work through an established agency
- operate a trust account on behalf of sellers and buyers.
You may not auction property.
For the purposes of this licence, the property can be:
- residential property
- business property
- rural property (and / or livestock)
- units in a building complex
- empty land.