Regulated ship registration - Queensland


You will be required to register your boat or personal watercraft if it has an engine of 3kW or more and will be used on Queensland waters, for recreational purposes. If your boat is not used entirely for private recreation or is not owned by a school, a surf lifesaving club or other community group, you will need to get commercial registration.

If your boat is longer than 15 metres your application will need to be endorsed by Maritime Safety Queensland before it can be processed by the department.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please use the contact details for information regarding eligibility requirements.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Check fees here.


Administering agency

Department of Transport and Main Roads

Maritime Safety Queensland

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Maritime Safety Queensland

Department of Transport and Main Roads

Phone: 13 74 68 General enquiries
Phone: 07 3328 4811 General enquiries - international callers
Phone: 13 23 80 Registration and licensing
Contact us website: Contact a regional office (Opens in new window)
Website: Maritime Safety Queensland (Opens in new window)