Resource allocation authority - Queensland


You will need a resource allocation authority for certain fisheries development activities:

  • aquaculture in Queensland waters or unallocated tidal land
  • works in a declared fish habitat area.

A resource allocation authority is required for aquaculture developments on unallocated tidal land or in Queensland waters (e.g. oyster or pearl farming). A resource allocation authority does not give the holder any right of ownership or tenure over the land, nor does it grant the holder the right to carry out the proposed development without a valid aquaculture development approval.

Aquaculture development involving an intake or discharge structure, only part of which is within unallocated state land, does not require a resource allocation authority. However, other approvals may be required, for example permission to perform works i.e. works in a declared Fish Habitat Area or within a State Marine Park.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


Up to 30 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You can find the current fees here.

Other resources

Application process


How to apply:

  1. read the application instructions to help you prepare your application
  2. prepare a business plan to submit with your application
  3. complete the application form.

Transfer process


You can transfer this authority.

Administering agency

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries

Fisheries Queensland

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.