Riverine quarry material allocation notice - Queensland


The allocation notice is required to obtain an allocation from the riverine quarry material resource in any watercourse or lake, upstream of the tidal limit. (Note that quarrying in a wild river area is not permitted and any application for an allocation notice in a wild river area will not be accepted).

A Development Permit to remove quarry materials from all watercourses and lakes is also required.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


The duration of this notice is based on the fee paid (maximum period of notice is 5 years).


Application process

You can apply for this allocation notice by submitting a completed application to your regional office.

Transfer process

This allocation can be transferred in whole or part by submitting an application on an approved form. For further details, contact your regional office.

Additional information

Before quarry material can be physically removed from the watercourse or lake, a development permit under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 will be required for the works.

A security deposit, bond or bank guarantee may be required.

Administering agency

Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy

Service Delivery

Water Services Support, Regional Support

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Water Services Support, Regional Support

Service Delivery

Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy

Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Website: Department of Natural Resources and Mines (Opens in new window)