Road closure licence - Queensland


You will require this licence if you want to have the road adjoining your property permanently closed.

When a road is closed permanently, its status changes from 'road' to 'unallocated state land'. Depending on how the land is to be allocated, the area of road to be permanently closed may be:

  • incorporated into the applicant's adjoining freehold or leasehold land
  • included in an existing reserve or set apart as a new reserve
  • dealt with by the issue of a term lease.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must be an adjoining landowner.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $296.90

Fees for 2021-22

Additional information

You are strongly encouraged to arrange a pre-lodgement meeting before you apply to ensure you have the information you need to apply correctly. You can do this by contacting your nearest business centre.

Administering agency

Department of Resources

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Department of Resources

Mailing address: PO BOX 5318
Townsville, Queensland 4810
Phone: 07 4447 9179