You must comply with this code of practice to care, handle and use rodeo animals at a rodeo.
A rodeo is an event which includes any of the below activities:
- bareback bronc riding
- breakaway roping
- bull riding
- chute dogging
- poddy riding
- rope and tie
- saddle bronc riding
- steer riding
- steer wrestling
- team roping.
This code contains the minimum acceptable standards of welfare for all animals being used at rodeos and rodeo schools. It applies to all cattle and horses which are used in the different rodeo activities.
The code sets out requirements for:
- persons involved in rodeos
- facilities for use with rodeo animals
- the handling and use of rodeo animals
- the use of equipment on rodeo animals
- particular rodeo activities.