You need this licence to operate a security firm service. You need a security firm licence if:
- you are a person, corporation or partnership that operates a security firm
- you receive payment or reward for providing security services, even if you subcontract the actual security work out to other people
- you supply staff to provide security services.
You can apply to have a class 1, class 2 or combined licence, depending on what services your firm offers.
You are a class 1 security firm if you supply:
- private investigators
- crowd controllers
- cash transit security officers
- unarmed security officers
- monitoring security officers
- dog patrol security officers.
You are a class 2 security firm if you supply:
- security advisers
- security equipment installers.
Holding a security firm licence does not entitle you to personally perform the functions of a security provider.