Special Circumstances Certificate or Parent's Consent Form for Child Employment - Queensland


An employer must not employ a school-aged or young child until they have obtained a parent's consent form or special circumstances certificate authorising the child to perform work. The form must be signed by the child's parent and include information for the employer about the hours when the child is required to be at school. A new form must be completed when those hours change. The employer must keep the signed consent form on file.

If a school-aged child does not have a parent or if the child is living independently from his/her parent, the child can apply for a special circumstances certificate. This certificate authorises the child to work when not required to attend school.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Other resources

Administering agency

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Contact the Queensland Governement

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Mailing address: GPO BOX 149
Brisbane, Queensland 4001
Contact us phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)