Temporary Lane/Road Closure - Queensland


You must apply for a Temporary Lane/Road Closure assessment from council if you want to close a council-controlled road, lane or council parking bay in the council area. This application is for a council assessment of the impact of the closure on traffic. It is not a permit. Road closure permits are issued by Queensland Police. You must provide councils assessment to Queensland Police when you apply for the permit.

If you want to close a State-controlled road or lane (a main road), you need to apply to the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

Council can advise if a road is council-controlled or state-controlled.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Council determines the length of this approval.

Application process

Contact council for more information on the current application process and relevant form.

Administering agency

Local Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Local Council

Website: Local government directory (Opens in new window)