You do not need a licence to sell tobacco or smoking related products in Queensland, but you do need to ensure you meet the minimum requirements set out by legislation.
If you intend to be a tobacco retailer, you must:
- not sell smoking products to anyone under the age of 18
- keep all smoking products out of sight
- have one single point of sale in your retail outlet
- comply with mandatory signage requirements
- not sell ice-pipes, bongs or e-cigarettes containing nicotine
- supply your staff with adequate training.
Smoking product includes a tobacco product prepared for consumption (e.g. cigarettes, cigars, roll-your-own tobacco), herbal cigarette, and e-cigarettes or e-cigarette related products.