Before applying for a trustee lease you must:
- read and understand the secondary use of trust land policy
- contact the department to confirm that the proposed lease will be considered, if a land management plan is required and ensure you have the correct information to apply
- negotiate a draft trustee lease.
It is also strongly recommended to read the Secondary Use of Trust Land policy.
To apply for a trustee lease you'll need:
- a draft trustee lease document
- copy of the land management plan if it exists or has been drafted.
If you submit the application online, you or a legal practitioner on your behalf, must also sign the form electronically.
If you submit the form via PDF, you will also need to include the trustee lease application form and the contact and land details application form.