Vehicle access permit - Queensland


You will need this permit to use a motor vehicle in a recreation area. These include the following areas: 

  • Bribie Island
  • Cooloola
  • K'gari
  • Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island)
  • Moreton Island (Mulgumpin).

You will not need this permit for Inskip Peninsula or Green Island recreation areas.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Vehicle access permits are not required for:

  • emergency vehicles
  • government vehicles (when used for official purposes)
  • vehicles authorised under a commercial activity permit
  • Inskip Peninsula or Green Island recreation areas.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must clearly display the details of your permit on your vehicle for inspection by authorised officers.


No longer than 12 months


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the administering agency for information on fees to be submitted.


Administering agency

Department of Environment and Science

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.