Water permit - Queensland


You will require this permit if you intend to take or divert water where the activity is of a temporary nature.

If you are required to physically construct the works necessary to take or interfere with water, you may need to obtain a development permit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


The duration of this permit will be specified at the time of application.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

No fees.


Administering agency

Department of Resources

Service Delivery

Water Services Support, Regional Support

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Water Services Support, Regional Support

Service Delivery

Department of Resources

Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Contact us website: Department of Natural Resources and Mines contact list (Opens in new window)