You will need this licence is you intend to buy, possess or supply medicines and prohibited substances by wholesale for therapeutic use.
Applicable medicines are outlined in schedule 2, 3, 4 and 8 of the Commonwealth Poisons Standard. Similarly, relevant prohibited substances are those listed in schedules 9 or 10 of the Poisons Standard.
A wholesale licence is a licence that authorises the holder to carry out the following regulated activities with a regulated substance stated in the licence:
- buying stock of the regulated substance
- possession of the regulated substance at a place stated in the licence
- possession of the regulated substance for transportation
- to a place where a person is authorised, or where it is not
- unlawful for a person, to possess the substance
- supply and dispose of the regulated substance to authorised third parties.
Wholesalers may also apply for an approval to wholesale prohibited S9 and S10 substances.