Farming licence - Queensland


You need this licence if you intend to farm wildlife. A farming licence allows you to keep, breed and use:

  • emus
  • crocodiles
  • butterflies
  • venomous snakes
  • water buffalo.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence you must:

  • have suitable wildlife housing
  • be at least 18 years of age.


One or three years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You can find the current fees here.

Application process


You can obtain this licence by submitting a completed Wildlife Farming Licence application form to the nearest wildlife licence issuing centre. For details of your nearest issuing centre, please contact Permit and Licence Management.

Before approval is granted the property will be inspected by a Regional or District Officer.


This licence cannot be transferred.

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Science

Wildlife and Threatened Species Operations

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.