** Scheduled maintenance **

We’ll be updating this tool between 7 am and 11 am on 20 July 2024 (AEST). During this time, this website will be unavailable

Community other licence - Queensland


You will need this licence if you operate a non-proprietary club and intend to sell liquor for consumption on premises for a maximum of 25 hours per week to:

  • members of the club and their guests (while in the member's company)
  • members of other clubs with formal reciprocal rights and their guests (while in the member's company).

In addition to the above, a club that is an RSL or services club may sell liquor to:

  • an RSL honorary member and their guest(s) providing they are accompanied by the member
  • a defence member and their guest(s) providing they are accompanied by the member.

A non-proprietary club is an association where any income, profits and assets are used only to promote the objective of the club, and are not distributed to its members. Examples of a non-proprietary club include a sporting club, RSL club or ethnic club.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


The holder of a community other licence cannot:

  • sell liquor for consumption off the premises (takeaway liquor)
  • apply for a gaming machine licence
  • apply for approved extended trading hours.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to be either an incorporated association or an individual who can hold the licence on behalf of an unincorporated association. If an unincorporated association becomes incorporated, you must transfer the licence to the club with three months.

You will also need to be a fit and proper or suitable person.

Ongoing eligibility requirements

You must comply with all the conditions listed on your licence. This includes responsibilities related to trading hours, safety, advertising and noise. You must not conduct business on the licensed premises other than that authorised by the licence.

A register of members and a register of all visitors to the club (except minors and visiting players) must be maintained and be available for inspection at the premises at any time.


Until surrendered or cancelled


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

View the current liquor and wine licence fees and charges.

Application process


To apply for a new licence, you must submit the following:

  • a completed Form 1: Application for a liquor licence
  • a completed Form 5: Personal details schedule (for each individual on the application)
  • a completed Form 6: Application for registration of financial interest  
  • prescribed application fees (including the fee for criminal history check)
  • a layout plan (scale 1:100)
  • a location plan
  • town planning consent
  • a current title search
  • a registered plan of survey
  • constitution (or memorandum and articles of association)
  • financial statements
  • certificate of incorporation.

You may also be required to submit:

In addition to the above, all applicants must undergo a criminal history and other relevant probity checks to hold a liquor licence. You may also be required to advertise your licence application.


You will need to complete Form 28: Application for temporary authority if your licensed premises are temporarily moving to a new location (e.g. if the current premises are being rebuilt, refurbished or is damaged by fire).

Transfer process


You can apply to transfer your licence by completing a Form 3: Application for transfer of a liquor licence. You should lodge your application for transfer six to eight weeks before the proposed settlement date to allow sufficient time for processing.

Please note that new business operators have no authority to sell and supply liquor until a transfer is approved and the applicant has become the licensee.

Additional information

Once your licence is granted you can pay your annual fees and manage your details using OLGR's client portal.

You can also apply separately for additional licences or permits.

Administering agency

Department of Justice and Attorney-General

Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation

Licensing Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.