To apply for a detached bottle shop, you must already hold a commercial hotel licence.
To be eligible for approval, a detached bottle shop must:
- be no more than 10km by road from the main hotel (unless the proposed bottle shop is in a remote area not serviced by takeaway facilities)
- be operated by the licensee of the main licensed premises
- have a floor area of not more than 150m2
- have no direct access from any other business premises
- have direct access from a public place
- have no drive-through facility.
You must ensure that you:
- have the sole right of occupancy of the bottle shop premises
- will derive the financial benefit from the bottle shop premises
- use the main hotel premises as your principal place of business
- have not requested exclusivity to conduct a bottle shop at the shopping centre in the tenancy agreement.