Stock grazing permit for state forest land - Queensland


You will need this permit if you intend to graze livestock in state-owned forests. This permit can only be approved for cattle and horses. Goats and sheep are not permitted to graze on state-owned land.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible you must:

  • meet the suitability requirements
  • submit a stock grazing management plan
  • hold public liability insurance
  • indemnify the state government from any costs or legal actions that might arise from your use of the land.

When assessing an application for a stock grazing permit on state forest land, the department will also consider the benefits of grazing the area, the desirability of conservation of soil and the environment, the protection of water quality, and the possibility of the area being used for recreational purposes.


Up to 10 years


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the administering agency for information on fees to be submitted.

Transfer process


Stock grazing permits on state forest lands are transferable. The written consent of the department is required. The permit holder is required to submit a transfer application signed by the current permit holder and the new applicant.

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Science

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.