You will need this licence if you want to contribute to the Queensland wine industry in a substantial way, without the operator necessarily having a vineyard or winery of their own.
You contribute to the Queensland wine industry in a substantial way if you:
- buy fruit grown in the state and make it into wine in the state (other than at your premises) or have the wine made under your direction on the premises of another winemaker in the state
- grow fruit in the state that will later be used to make wine
- blends different wines to create a unique wine in the state.
This licence does not allow a person to:
- buy bulk wine from outside the state and bottle it in the state
- sell only wine made and bottled by other persons.
Under the authority of this licence, wine may be sold to patrons:
- for tasting on the premises as a sample
- for consumption off the licensed premises (takeaway)
- with approval, for consumption on the premises other than as a sample.