You will need this approval if you intend to work as a hydroponic industry employee and sell prescribed hydroponic equipment. Hydroponic equipment is equipment that is used for the cultivation of plants without soil.
Prescribed hydroponic equipment means:
- metal halide lights, high pressure sodium lights and mercury vapour lights over 400 watts
- ballast boxes for use with metal halide, high pressure sodium or mercury vapour lights
- devices including control gear, lamp mounts and reflectors designed to amplify light or heat and for use with metal halide, high pressure sodium or mercury vapour lights
- carbon filters designed to filter air within a room, from one area of a building to another or from inside to outside
- units designed to contain plants and rotate around a light source so that the plants grow hydroponically while being exposed to light or heat or both.