You will need to be approved as or have a responsible person approved if you intend to operate a licensed venue. A licensed venue must be supervised and managed by an approved responsible person at all times when open to the public.
A responsible person is responsible for:
- recognising signs of intoxication
- refusing service to persons showing signs of intoxication
- checking identification of patrons to ensure minors are not consuming alcohol at the venue
- discouraging actions of patrons which may cause harm
- knowing how and when is appropriate to remove or bar someone from a venue.
An individual can apply for approval as a responsible person, or a licensee can apply on behalf on an employee.
Approval as a responsible person is only valid for the liquor operations of a licensed venue. It does not authorise the person to supervise and manage gaming operations.
Please contact the agency for more information.