Approval to Remove Trees on Private Property - South Australia


This approval is required to ring bark, cut down, top, lop, remove, injure or wilfully destroy any species of tree identified as a 'significant tree'. Significant trees are trees with a trunk circumference greater than the value identified by the Council. You should contact the council for further information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As designated.


Refer to your local Council

Additional information

Other required documents include:
Completed Development Application form
Current Certificate of Title (no more than 12 months old)
Site Plan
Specialist reports if available (eg arborist, botanist, horticulturalist or structural engineer) in relation to the tree

Administering agency

Town of Gawler

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Council Officer

Operating address: 43 High Street
Gawler East SA 5118
Mailing address: PO Box 130
Gawler SA 5118
Phone: 0885229211
Fax: 0885229292
Website: (Opens in new window)