Approval to Run a Business from Public Housing - South Australia


You will need this approval if you intend to run a business from your public housing home. A home business includes any work that takes place in your property, including any online business that someone in your household receives income from.

Public housing is housing provided by a government agency for people on low incomes, particularly those who have difficulty accessing and maintaining housing in the private market.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for approval, your business must:

  • not disturb the comfort, privacy or peace of your neighbours
  • not advertise the business on the property
  • not use any part of the property as an industrial type workshop, such as a mechanic
  • comply with all relevant legislation and regulations, including local council requirements
  • take out appropriate insurance
  • have all relevant required licences or registrations.

You also must provide proof of your household income when asked to do so by the agency. This includes any income made from self-employment.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.

Administering agency

SA Housing Authority

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.