Associated Activities Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to conduct associated activities or operate associated facilities on land outside the area of your primary energy licence.

An associated activity or facility is anything that is reasonably required to carry on regulated energy activities in the area of the primary licence area. This may include:

  • drilling a well
  • establishing or operating a pipeline
  • establishing or operating a processing plant
  • establishing or operating a camp, airport, building or other infrastructure
  • establishing or operating commercial or recreational facilities for people involved in activities under the primary licence.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


An associated activities licence is valid for the same amount of time as the primary licence.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Amount Description
Apply Application All $4937.00

Fees for 2022-23

Apply Licence All $4176.00

Annual fee unless $2089 per square kilometre of the total licence is greater for a permanent activity. Fees for 2022-23


Other resources

Administering agency

Department for Energy and Mining

Energy Resources Division

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.