You will need to comply with this standard if you intend to processing or handling of meat derived from poultry for human consumption.
The standard sets out requirements for the construction of all premises and equipment used for the slaughter and processing of poultry meat for human consumption.
The object of this standard is to make provisions for the production of wholesome poultry meat by:
- identifying risks associated with the production of poultry meat
- setting minimum standards of construction and minimum processing procedures
- controlling contaminating materials
- enabling the operation of effective cleaning programs
- establishing quality performance and assurance arrangements.