Building Work Supervisor Registration - South Australia


You will need to be registered and approved if you intend to act as a building work supervisor in relation to the building work of a contractor or contractor's business.

You will be authorised as a building work supervisor to organise, supervise and control the work of the builder and ensure that all building work meets the required building standards.

You may apply for registration to supervise:

  • general building work, meaning the complete building processes of building work of any trade
  • specified building work, meaning a single or multiple building trade activity, for instance bricklaying, or bricklaying and painting and decorating.

Please contact the agency for more information.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will need to demonstrate against the building work supervisor registration performance criteria you have the knowledge, experience and competency necessary for this licence.

Please contact the agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


1 Year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fees are listed on the attached document.

Application process


You will need to lodge your completed application with:

  • evidence of your experience
  • evidence of your technical qualifications
  • copies of trade certificates or other qualifications.

You may be required to attend and interview as part of the application process.


This licence cannot be transferred.

Additional information

If you are a contractor, you may register as a building work supervisor when you apply for your building contractor's licence.

If you are a sole trader, you must be a registered building work supervisor or have a supervisor approved for your business.

Companies must have or employ a registered building work supervisor.

Administering agency

Consumer and Business Services

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Occupational Licensing

Consumer and Business Services

Operating address: 91 Grenfell Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 1719
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 13 18 82
Website: Consumer and Business Services (Opens in new window)