You will require a certificate of compliance if electrical, gas or plumbing work is being carried out on a building you own. Electrical, gas and plumbing certificates of compliance provide evidence that:
- the electrician, gas fitter or plumbing completing the work in appropriately licensed
- the work completed has been tested and is proven to be safe
- the work complies with necessary regulations, rule and standards
- the contractor has officially informed you of any existing safety problems with the installation
- you have meet part of your legal obligation to own a complaint, safe and safely operable installation
Please contact the agency for more information.