Commercial Filming and Photography Permit - South Australia


You will require this permit if you intend to undertake a commercial filming or photography project in a national park or reserve in South Australia. Filming or photography is classified as commercial if it is undertaken to promote a product or service and/or achieve financial gain.

You will need a specific permit if you intend to film or photograph in the Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park or Lake Gairdner National Park.

You will require a separate permit if you intend to fly a drone in a national park, reserve, or marine park restricted access zone.

You should contact the agency to enquire about your intended filming or photography activity and a potential window agreement.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

You will require public liability insurance to be eligible for this permit.


For the length of a single project, unless otherwise agreed.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All Fees are variable and confirmed at time of application.

Application process


You must complete the application form and submit it to the agency.


Permits are not transferable.

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Parks Licensing and Events

Department for Environment and Water

Operating address: Natural Resources Centre
Ground Floor, 81-95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Mailing address: Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resou
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 08 8204 1910
Fax: 08 8115 1324