Commercial Tour Operator Licence - South Australia


Any company, organisation or individual proposing to undertake a commercial activity within a South Australian national park or reserve for fee or reward including providing tours, instructional or educational courses and leisure activities, requires a Commercial Tour Operator licence.

Note: Licences are also required for commercial tours undertaken in wilderness protection areas or zones

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Tour operators must have current public liability insurance in the sum of $10 million and must meet all transport accreditation criteria.


2 months, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years.


2019-2020 fees:
2 month licence $251 (current for two months from the date of licence issue)
1 year $358
3 year $861
5 year $1,363.

Cheque, money order or credit card.

Act(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife Act 1972 South Australia

Regulation(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife (National Parks) Regulations 2019 South Australia

Additional information

Fees must be paid with the lodgement of the application form. Three and five year licences are only issued if the tour operator holds a relevant 'Green Accreditation' Certificate

Applications must be accompanied by evidence of public liability insurance.

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Parks Licensing and Events

Operating address: Natural Resources Centre
Ground Floor, 81-95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Mailing address: Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resou
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 0882041910
Fax: 0881151324
Website: (Opens in new window)