Confined Space Entry Permit - South Australia


If you or your workers intend to enter a confined space that is under your management or control, a confined space entry permit is required to do so. The confined space entry permit system provides a formal check to ensure safety before anyone enters a confined space, and confirm that everyone has left the space when the work is completed.

Confined spaces are enclosed or partially enclosed structures that pose a danger because they are not designed or intended to be areas occupied by people. Confined spaces are commonly found in:

  • storage tanks
  • silos
  • wet and dry wells
  • manure and silage pits
  • ducts, flues and chimneys
  • containers.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Please contact the agency for information on fees to be submitted.


Administering agency

SafeWork SA

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Licensing Unit

SafeWork SA

South Australia
Operating address: Level 4
33 Richmond Road
Keswick, South Australia 5035
Mailing address: GPO BOX 465
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 1300 365 255
Fax: 08 8204 9200
Website: SafeWork SA (Opens in new window)