Construction Induction Card (White Card) - South Australia


You will need a construction induction card (White Card) if you intend to carry out construction work. Construction work includes any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, renovation, maintenance, or demolition of a structure.

People who need a card include:

  • site managers
  • supervisors
  • surveyors
  • labourers
  • tradespeople
  • people who access operational construction zones
  • workers whose employment causes them to routinely enter operational construction zones.

Construction workers can also work in New South Wales using valid construction induction cards issued by other states and territories.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for the white card, you must have completed general construction induction training.

Please contact the agency to identify any further eligibility requirements.


Your construction induction card remains valid so long as you have worked in the construction industry within the last 2 years.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All Fees will change depending on your circumstances. Please contact the agency for more information.


Application process

Your Registered Training Organisation will issue your white card upon completion of the general construction induction training course.

Administering agency

SafeWork SA

Licensing Unit

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information