To be eligible for this licence you must:
- be a fit and proper person
- not have been the director of a company that was wound up in the last five years
- not be bankrupt or financial receivership
- have the relevant qualifications specified in the attached resource
- not have been convicted of an indictable offence of dishonesty
- not have been convicted of a summary offence of dishonesty within the last 10 years
- hold a National Police Certificate no more than 12 months old.
A majority of your company directors will need to be registered conveyancers. If there are only two directors, one must be a conveyancer. The other director should not be directly involved in real estate sales processes:
- a real estate agent
- a financier
- a close associate of either of the above (unless they are also a conveyancer or close relative).