You are entitled to be registered if you:
- hold the approved qualifications (qualifications are listed in the application form for registration as a conveyancer-individual/partnership);and
- are not suspended or disqualified from carrying on an occupation, trade or business; and
- are not an undischarged bankrupt or subject to a composition, deed or scheme of arrangement with or for the benefit of creditors; and
- have not been in the last five years a director of a company wound up for the benefit of creditors, when the body was being so wound up; or within the period of six months preceding the start of the winding up; and
- have not been convicted of an offence of dishonesty.
A person must, at all times when carrying on business as a conveyancer hold Professional Indemnity Insurance with an insurance provider approved by the Commissioner.
If a business operates as a partnership, each partner must hold a registration.