Crown Land Occupation Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence to use an area of Crown land. Crown land is public land owned and managed by the government.

Licence holders are authorised to use a specified area of Crown land for a specific purpose, including:

  • conservation
  • agriculture
  • livestock grazing
  • jetties, boat ramps and houseboat mooring
  • retaining walls
  • pipelines
  • access.

You will need separate approval to purchase or develop Crown land, or if you need to access Crown land for an event or other activities. You may also need separate approval to:

  • apply for, amend, transfer, or cancel a licence over Crown land
  • apply for, amend, transfer or purchase a Crown lease
  • sublet a lease
  • apply for, amend or revoke a dedication
  • issue a commercial lease over dedicated Crown land.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please contact the agency to identify any eligibility requirements.


1 year or as specified


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fee information is in the attached fee resource.

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information