You will need this approval if you intend to undertake any development activity, which can include:
- building work and associated activities, such as demolition
- the subdivision of land
- changes to the use of land, such as mining, damming, removal of vegetation
- alteration to the access to land
A development approval will provide you with the required building, planning and land consent.
The type of approval required will depend on the location and significance of the proposed development and will fall within one of four development pathways:
- Exempt developments - for minor projects that do not need approval.
- Accepted developments - for most minor development applications that only need building consent.
- Code assessed developments - for moderate applications, which need to be assessed against the relevant building or planning code.
- Impact assessed developments - for major developments, in which a broad range of impacts must be assessed.