To become an accredited driver you will need to:
- hold a current full South Australian driver's licence, not subject to any conditions
- have held a full Australian driver's licence for a minimum of six months
- be eligible to work within Australia
- be able to speak, read and write English competently
- have a valid Working with Children Check
- have a National Criminal History Check
- meet minimum requirements for fitness, medical and eyesight assessed by a medical practitioner in accordance with the National Assessing Fitness to Drive guidelines for commercial vehicle drivers.
If you intend to provide rideshare services, you will also need operator accreditation.
If you are applying for taxi driver accreditation, you will need to complete an approved training course.
If you are applying for motorcycle accreditation, you will need to complete the Commercial Operators Motorcycle Course.
Please contact the agency for more information regarding eligibility requirements.