Applicants will be required to:
- provide all of the information requested in the form;
- detail their identity;
- detail the nature/scope of operations for which a licence is sought;
- provide sufficient information to enable ESCOSA to assess their suitability;
- satisfy ESCOSA that the applicant can meet relevant licence conditions; and
- pay the fee.
Applicants must show they have the technical capacity to comply with licence conditions.
Licence applicants must also demonstrate their financial capacity to ESCOSA. In general, ESCOSA will be satisfied with the financial capacity of an applicant for an electricity retail licence, if the applicant can demonstrate that it either:
- has a long term credit rating of BBB or greater with Standard and Poor???s or Moodys; or
- the applicant is registered as a Market Participant by AEMO; or
- has operated as a licensee and held a retail licence in another National Electricity Market jurisdiction for at least 2 years.