You will need this permit to conduct emu farming. Emu farming includes:
- incubating emu eggs
- breeding emus for commercial purposes
- selling or slaughtering emus.
This permit will authorise you to:
- take an emu or the eggs of an emu from the wild
- slaughter or destroy by other means an emu in captivity
- possess or control an emu or the eggs of an emu
- sell an emu or the carcass or eggs of an emu.
You will need separate permits to import or export emus, emu eggs or carcasses into or out of South Australia.
Please contact the agency for more information.