Event Permit - South Australia


Permission must be obtained to hold an event in a wilderness protection area or wilderness protection zone, including:

  • Conduction surfing, fishing, or any other kind of competition;
  • Conduction speed trials; and
  • An activity of any kind for the purpose of fund raising or making a profit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Variable; contact the Agency direct.

Act(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife Act 1972 SA

Wilderness Protection Act 1992 SA

Regulation(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife (National Parks) Regulations 2016 SA

Wilderness Protection Regulations 2006 SA

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Parks Licensing and Events

Operating address: Natural Resources Centre
Ground Floor, 81-95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Mailing address: Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resou
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 0882041910
Fax: 0881151324
Email: DEWNR.ParksLicensingandEvents@sa.gov.au