You will need this licence if you purchase or sell more than a certain amount of firearms, firearms parts or ammunition in South Australia. You are classified as a firearms dealer if you purchase or sell in any 12-month period:
- more than 20 firearms
- more than 20 firearms parts
- more than 50,000 rounds of ammunition.
This licence authorised you to:
- purchase, sell or hire out firearms, firearms parts or ammunition
- handle firearms for the purpose of carrying on the business of a pawnbroker or auctioneer
- repair, modify or test firearms or firearms parts
- hold or store firearms or firearms parts for the purpose of repair, safekeeping or disposal.
You will require a separate licence if you intend to use firearms outside the course of your business as a firearms dealer.
Please contact the agency for more information.