You will need this licence if you intend to purchase or sell more than a certain amount of firearms, firearms parts or ammunition. You are considered to be a firearms dealer if you purchase or sell in any 12-month period:
- more than 20 firearms
- more than 20 firearms parts
- more than 50,000 rounds of ammunition.
This licence authorises you to:
- purchase, sell or hire out firearms, firearms parts or ammunition
- handle firearms for the purpose of carrying on the business of a pawnbroker or auctioneer
- repair, modify or test firearms or firearms parts
- hold or store firearms or firearms parts for the purpose of repair, safekeeping or disposal.