You will need this registration if you intend to work as a fish processor. A fish processor is a person who processes, stores, transports or deals with fish or other aquatic resources for commercial purposes. Processing includes scaling, gilling, gutting, filleting, freezing, chilling, packing or any other activity involved in preparing fish for sale.
There are two types of fish processor registration:
- fish processor registration (full)
- fish processor registration (restricted).
A fish processor (full) may sell their product to anyone and purchase fish from:
- a licensed aquaculture authority holder
- a licensed commercial fisher
- a registered fish processor
- a fish wholesaler.
A fish processor (restricted) must:
- already hold a commercial fishing or aquaculture licence
- purchase fish from their own fishing or aquaculture licence
- sell their product to a person who is not a registered fish processor and sells the product directly to the public as a meal.