You will need to comply with these guidelines if you intend to hold a public event. Public events are events occurring in a temporary venue or a fixed venue normally authorised for other types of events, and occurs regularly, as a one-off, or an irregular basis.
These guidelines are for stakeholders such as event organisers, major participants, the relevant health authority and relevant agencies to minimise potential risks to public health. Topics covered include:
- pre-event planning, including administrative issues and insurance
- event promotion, including sun protection and ticketing
- road closure, restrictions and traffic control
- environmental health, including food, waste disposal, noise and dust control
- safe supply and consumption of alcohol
- infrastructure and facilities, including power/gas requirements and waster control systems
- emergency services
- security and crowd control
- hazards, including emergency plans, and fire safety
- building and structure requirements.