You will need to comply with these guidelines to hold a public event. Public events are events occurring in a temporary venue or a fixed venue normally authorised for other types of events, and occurs regularly, as a one-off, or an irregular basis.
These guidelines provide guidelines for stakeholders such as event organisers, major participants, the relevant health authority and relevant agencies to minimise potential risks to public health. Topics covered include:
- pre-event planning, including administrative issues and insurance
- event promotion, including sun protection and ticketing
- road closure, restrictions and traffic control
- environmental health, including food, waste disposal, noise and dust control
- safe supply and consumption of alcohol
- infrastructure and facilities, including power/gas requirements and waster control systems
- emergency services
- security and crowd control
- hazards, including emergency plans, and fire safety
- building and structure requirements.
Please contact the agency for more information.