Kinship Care Agency Licence - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to operate an agency to administer the placement of children or young people in kinship care arrangements. Kinship care involves the placement of a child or young person in the care of an approved carer with whom they have had a previous relationship, such as a relative or friend.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible, you must:

  • not be prohibited from working with children
  • have a working with children check
  • be a fit and proper person to hold a licence, including by having qualifications and experience in the field of foster care or a related field
  • have an appropriate system of management within the agency
  • have appropriate procedures for the selection, approval, training and support of approved carers have appropriate procedures for the placement and supervision of children and young people.


1 year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

You do not need to pay any fees.

Administering agency

Department for Child Protection

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Supporting information