Licence to Keep a Dangerous Substance - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to keep flammable liquids of Class 2 LPG, Class 3 and dangerous substances of Class 6 and 8.

Class 6.1 poison (toxic) substances are solids and liquids that present an immediate and serious hazard through ingestion, inhalation or skin absorption. Examples are agricultural chemicals (pesticides, herbicides), arsenic and its compounds and cyanide compounds.

Class 8 corrosive substances may be solid or liquid and will attack steel or aluminium or damage livery tissues (chemical burns on skin). Examples are sulphuric acid (battery acid), hydrochloric acid (spirits of salts for soldering) and sodium hydroxide (caustic soda, drain cleaner).

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Application All

Fees may vary depending on your circumstances. Please consult the agency for more information regarding fees.

Additional information

Site plan must be included if applying for new or additional storage.

Administering agency

SafeWork SA

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Administration Officer

SafeWork SA

South Australia
Operating address: Level 4
33 Richmond Road
Keswick, South Australia 5035
Mailing address: GPO BOX 465
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 1300 365 255
Fax: 08 8204 9200
Website: SafeWork SA (Opens in new window)