Licence to Mix and Use an Ammonium Nitrate Mixture - South Australia


You will need this licence if you intend to mix and use an ammonium nitrate mixture. An ammonium nitrate mixture is either:

  • an explosive consisting of ammonium nitrate
  • a non-explosive mixture of ammonium nitrate with other substances.

A licence will only be valid for the place or places specified in the licence and the particular ammonium nitrate mixture specified in the licence.

If explosives are to be stored overnight, a licence to store on premises or in a magazine is needed.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

To be eligible for this licence, you must:

  • have a current security sensitive ammonium nitrate certificate
  • hold a current permit to purchase explosives.

If you are a company, you will also need to provide:

  • proof that the company is a legal entity
  • a certificate of incorporation.


1 year


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
Apply Licence All

Fees for 2023-24:

  • single location - $71.50
  • 2+ locations - $179.00.


This licence is not transferable.

Administering agency

SafeWork SA

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.