You can only apply for a Major Lottery Licence if you are an association, or you are older than 18 years and are acting on the association's behalf.
All net proceeds from the lottery, and at least 35% of the gross proceeds, must be used for an approved purpose, including:
- an educational or charitable purpose
- an environmental, historical, or cultural heritage purpose
- a medical purpose
- the purpose of sport or recreation
- the purpose of promoting the interests of students or staff of an educational institution
- the purpose of establishing or improving a community centre or promoting the interests of a community.
The otherwise unlawful game 'two up' is not an unlawful game when played on ANZAC Day:
- on the premises of a branch or sub-branch of the Returned and Services League of Australia Limited
- on premises owned or occupied by the Defence Forces of Australia.