You may need to comply with this code of practice if you have health and safety duties in relation to workplace environments and facilities.
Health and safety duties in relation to workplace environments and facilities include those in dealing with:
- the provision of adequate and accessible facilities for the welfare of workers
- the maintenance of a safe working environment
- the management of workplace hazards such as those associated with fatigue, chemicals and noise among others
- any other duties outlined in the code or under legislation.
Following this code of practice will assist you achieve compliance with your legal obligations under work health and safety laws. However, compliance with such obligations may be achieved by following another method, if it provides an equivalent or higher standard of work health and safety than that set out in this code.
Duty holders who have a role in ensuring work environments and facilities are without risk to health and safety include:
- persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBUs)
- persons with management or control of a workplace
- designers, manufacturers, importers, suppliers and installers of plant, substances or structures designers of structures