You will need this accreditation to process or produce meat, meat products or poultry for human consumption.
This accreditation will be required if your business is involved in:
- slaughtering, skinning and dressing animals
- boning, packing or further processing raw meat
- manufacturing small goods and other ready to eat meat products
- storing or transporting meat or meat products
- field harvesting wild game animals (such as shooting kangaroo)
- on-farm poultry production.
You will not need this accreditation if:
- none of the meat will be sold, used as food by paying guests, taken away from the premises or used for business purposes
- further processing or handling of meat occurs in the course of retail sale and meat is stored in the package it was received or cut and packaged as ready to eat in a delicatessen
- processing of meat occurs in the preparation of meals for sale to customers.
Accredited producers and processors will need to comply with the relevant standards for the hygienic production, processing and transportation of meat for human consumption.